Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Even in the darkest moment, You were there.

Greetings in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ

Even in the Darkest Moment

Psalm 139


"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?"
(PSALM 139:7)


Along with David in his psalm that sings of God's watch over his life, we take comfort knowing there is no place we can go apart from the Lord. Eventually, in my battle with depression, I was restored sufficiently so that I was not only able to sing and play guitar but also to write again, writing about that very thing.

The verse below sings out of His inescapable presence.

Tears are falling down like raindrops from my face Pain is aching in my heart Never knew I'd feel this lonely in a crowd Sometimes daylight seems so dark Bitter-sweet memories of a once contented man and flow within my mind Self-sufficient, independence brought me down How could I have been so blind? And yet … Even in the darkest moment, You were there.

Have you struggled with being downcast to the very core of your being?

Try to see that winter and night are part of the created order and that the Savior, Jesus, goes right with you. He knows our anxious thoughts, yet He leads us in the way everlasting.

IF YOU'RE BROKEN AND NEED THE LORD'S POWER TO RESTORE, COMFORT AND RENEW YOU, THEN INVITE HIM TO HEAL YOUR HEART AND TEND TO YOUR WOUNDS.

Believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment